Friday, January 14, 2011

Post-Holiday Zombieland

So, I haven't posted a blog in at least a couple of weeks. I haven't even posted on Facebook much lately, which is unusual since I stalk check in pretty regularly.

I think it's the post-holiday boredom. I seriously feel like a zombie. I don't feel sad or unhappy, just very BLAH, like I wish someone would kick me in the vajajay just to get me riled up. I guess I got used to the craziness of the holiday season. Every single day for at least a month, I spent time researching gifts online, going to stores to shop, buying and wrapping gifts, decorating, baking, and being incredibly friggin' jolly. 99% of my spare time was taken up with this stuff. Then, immediately following the holidays (for about a week), it's great. You relax, you're thankful to be done with shopping, and just bask in the holiday glow and gluttony. BUT, then comes the new year. Back to work. No fun to look forward to immediately. Gotta pay off that holiday debt and lose the holiday flab. I don't even get the day off for MLK Day. Thhhbbpppttt.

Mini-Me Doesn't Get Federal Holidays Either
So, these days, I get up begrudgingly, hose off shower, eat breakfast with The Mayor, go to work, hate my job work for 8 hours, pick up little dude from daycare, eat dinner, play Legos, bathe and put The Mayor to bed, sit my ass on couch and drool at the TV for 2 hours, go to bed. Repeat x5. The weekends are, obviously, much better. I don't have to expend time and effort restraining myself from calling my coworkers "douchebag" (this can be very time consuming and draining, really). I can enjoy my time with The Mayor and Ace doing fun stuff, eating good food, and just hanging out.

Frankly, I couldn't even think of a good way to end this post, that's how drooly and zombie-like I am right now. It's amazing I can even drive and dress myself. *sigh* Gotta gotta gotta win that lottery. Cuz I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel this way if I lived in The Bahamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment